1st Photography Critique
Tue 29th Oct at 7:30pm - 9:45pm
What is a photography critique?
A photography critique is where club members are able to submit images to have them appraised by a professional. This is not a competition as work is not compared to other entrants but is evaluated on its own merits. These are extremely popular events at the club and we usually have a lot of submissions with a diverse range of content.
About the Critique
- You are only able to submit one entry per critique, but this can be a single image, a panel or a sequence.
- Submissions can be digital images or prints.
- You can submit an entry at one of 2 levels, Novice or Experienced.
- Appraisal is performed by a professional.
- The appraisal is given in a constructive manner to help you with your photography.
- At the end of the appraisal, images are awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Credit.
- The name of the photographer is withheld from the appraiser and the audience, until the appraisal is complete.
Members can submit an entry for appraisal every time we have a critique event. So, if you like the idea of having some useful constructive feedback on your photography, why not join as a member?
Some high profile photographers and speakers we have, may come at a higher cost. Sometimes this cost cannot be covered by your membership, so we charge a small additional entry fee to cover costs. For more information, look at our help guide. Note that attendance is optional.
This additional fee is payable by all types of members (including trial members) when you arrive for the event, so please pay at registration.
Sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances, an event has to be cancelled at short notice. Unfortunately, BHCC cannot be held responsible for any last minute cancellations but will make every effort to arrange an alternative similar event (if possible) or, if necessary, change the event type and advise all members of any change as soon as is practicable.